Helping and Officiating
If you would like to Officiate at the 2022 Bedfordshire County Championships and meet the minimum criteria, please click here to download the application pack
Deadline - 8th January 2022
Head over to the Counties '22 page found in the website navigation menu. Here you can find all you need to know about the County Championships 2022, from hoddies and qualifying times, to entry files for clubs and car parking information.
Also you can visit our new Championships Online results Site at www.bedscountychamps.com There you can find all you need to know about the County Championships 2022, Live streaming results during the Championships, and also Achieved Results from previous Championships.
Swim Officials: Judge Level 1 Training
Judge Level 1 Training
The British Swimming SOG has made the following additional decision: • Anyone who commenced their Judge 1 training under the old face to face/classroom system will have until 31 March 2022 to complete their practical training.
Points to note:
• There is no longer a requirement for these candidates to undergo a final assessment, once considered competent they may be awarded the qualification.
• Passes under the “old” system should be processed as such by County and Regional Coordinators, and NOT via the online upload system.
• Requests for extension of any of the published deadlines will be considered on an exceptional, case by case basis. Requests must be submitted by the candidate to email@example.com for consideration by the BSSOG.
Deadlines from BSSOG
The following information on officials training for J1 trainees has been passed on from Helen Akers. Following the reintroduction of a level of competition across the home nations, the British Swimming SOG (Swimming Officials Group) has taken the following decision with regards to deadlines for candidates to complete Judge 1 training:
• Anyone who completes their Judge 1 online theory training by the 31 August 2021 will have until 31 July 2022 to complete their practical training.
• Anyone who completes their Judge 1 online theory training from 1 September 2021 onwards will have 11 months to complete their practical training.
Points to note:
• The date of completion of the theory training is the date on your certificate and not the date it is uploaded.
• It is important that candidates enter the correct date when uploading their certificate, otherwise it defaults to 1 January 2021 which may reduce the time available to complete the practical elements.
• Any practical training that has already been completed can be used, provided it meets the criteria for mentoring as laid down in the log book.
Candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org with their membership number if they have been waiting more than 2 weeks from uploading their certificate.
Swimming Officials Coordinator
Swim Officials: (Update)Shirts, FINA Rules and Contemporary Issues CPDs
British Swimming Officials’ Licence
British Swimming has extended the period of validity for Officials Licences, to assist those individuals who may have been unable to fulfil the renewal requirements due to the various Covid restrictions in place. Further information can be found on the Swimming Official’s Online Forum page.
FINA Rules and Contemporary Issues CPDs
FINA Rules Update CPD
The course can now be booked by going to the Swimming Officials page of the Swim England East Region website: https://www.eastswimming.org/swimming/swimming-officials/.
Fina Rules update - M6
(Complete the application form and choose a date which suits you).
Delivery of this will be online by Zoom or MS Teams.
Contemporary Issues CPD
Contemporary Issues - Officials Awareness Module - M5
This online module is aimed at technical officials from across swimming, water polo, synchronised swimming, diving and open water who would like to become a British Swimming licensed official, or who would like to renew their licence. If you need this CPD to renew your licence, please find the course by clicking on this link.
Opportunities to Officiate at Regional Competitions
Applications for qualified licensed officials to officiate at regional swimming galas are coordinated through myself, via an online application form. If you are receiving this email directly, you will be notified when applications are open and how to apply. Alternatively, you can click on a link on the official’s page (which will become coloured in blue when active).
The officials page link is https://www.eastswimming.org/swimming/swimming-officials/
Bedfordshire ASA Officials Polo shirts
The County now has a new supply of polo shirts in all sizes and the cost is £12. Please contact Louise Mackie if you wish to order one.
Swim Officials: New - Official's Resources
We have gathered a variety of material and media for all Swim Officials. These are found on the Swimming and Masters pages in their Official's section. These documents and many other materials, from headed letters to timekeeper sheets from everyone can be found centrally on the Executive Page in the Documents Section.
The Handbook - Open
Disqualification Form - Open
Swimming Protest Form - Open
Place Judge Form - Open
Time Keeper Time Sheets - Open
Lap Check Sheet for 800m - Open
Lap Check Sheet for 1500m - Open
Concourse Lane Number Sheets - Open
Click and watch these Officiating Swimming youtube videos
Officiating Swimming - Relays
Officiating Swimming - Individual Medley
Officiating Swimming - Butterfly
Officiating Swimming - Backstroke
Officiating Swimming - Breaststroke
Officiating Swimming - Freestyle
Choose your club.
In Bedfordshire, our clubs all welcome every disability.
From diving to water polo!
Find all you need at Bedfordshire A.S.A.
If you want to know more, head to these websites too.