The Bedfordshire ASA constitution requires that the Association has a general duty to promote swimming and other aquatic disciplines in Bedfordshire. Consequently Bedfordshire ASA strives to represent the interests of its member clubs at National and Regional level to ensure that Bedfordshire has a voice. It also promotes the development of swimming (including diving, water polo and synchro) at a local level through dialogue with county and district sport organisations.
Specific functions of the Association include:
- Development of swimming as a sport in Bedfordshire
- Organisation of the County Swimming Championships – held annually in March
- The organisation of teams to represent Bedfordshire in National and Regional inter county swimming events
- The award of County Colours
- The maintenance of County Records
- The training of technical swimming officials
- Advice and support to clubs on issues of common interest, including Welfare
- Campaigning for improved facilities for swimming in the County.
At its AGM on 15 November 2012 Bedfordshire ASA adopted a new constitution, together with supporting policies. To read the latest constitution click here.
The supporting policies can also be read here. Const Supporting policies 020317v4